- Is there a UMotion setting for changing the size of all IK handle selectors at once?
- Is there a default setting that sets the IK handle selectors according to user’s preferences at startup?
I have an IK animation related question:
I wish to use UMotion IK animations to create an animation of a character walking from Position A to Position B while crouching at the halfway point.
In UMotion, the character’s feet remain on the ground throughout the animation. Looks great! But in Timeline, the character’s feet rise up off of the ground to meet the character’s hips instead? Looks bad because he floats in the air at the half way point.
What am I doing incorrectly, here are my steps:
- I run the IK setup wizard.
- I then import an animation clip and convert it from FK to IK.
- I add IK Pinning to the character’s feet.
- I create a new layer and set it to additive.
- In the new additive layer, I lower the character’s hips at the halfway point of his animation.
- It now looks like my character starts the animation from a walking position, crouches half way through, and then stands up again. Perfect! His feet always remain at ground level and I am very happy.
THEN I SWITCH TO TIMELINE
- I drag the character to Timeline as an Animation Track.
- I add an Override Track to the Animation Track and set keyframes for the character’s Position A in world space.
- I move forward on Timeline and create keyframes for the character’s Position B in world space.
- On the character’s main animation track I add the walking animation I created in UMotion.
- The character’s feet rise up off of the ground to meet the character’s hips. Looks bad because he floats in the air at the half way point.
- The only way I can ‘fix’ this is to add Timeline keyframes for the character’s Y coordinates to offset what is happening?
Something is wrong with my workflow, but I don’t know what it is. Can you assist?
Customer support service by UserEcho