Can't sync timeline in Unity Version2020.3.36f1
I have just updated my project file to the above and I can no longer sync the timeline, I thought it was working okay with this version but can't be sure. Everything seems to work but the bones don't show and when I play the animation nothing happens.
I went back to my 2020.3.31f1 version and it still works okay. For now I can just do the animation in 31f and then copy the files to 36f but it would be good if there was a fix.
Customer support service by UserEcho
thank you very much for your support request.
Have you tried updating your Unity Timeline version to the latest version in 2020.3 (you can do this via the Unity package manager)?
I have checked and it says it is the latest - see screenshot below. I also thought the project files might have been corrupted so I copied the UMotion project files from unity 31f to unity 36f, but it still didn't work.
This seems to be really random, sometimes it is okay and sometimes it won't work. I am not sure what is going on? I could send some files but I am not sure what to send you.
thanks for double checking the Unity Timeline version.
I've just checked it on my end using the same Unity and Timeline versions as you have, but for my test scenarios syncing with Unity Timeline worked flawlessly.
In a first attempt to further diagnose this issue, could you maybe record a short video showing the situation when the issue happens?
Are you sure, you haven't accidentally hided the bones (via the pose editor's display controls)?
I think the animation file is corrupted. I am now getting this error.
I have also tried to just import the file directly without syncing and get the same issue.
Any ideas on how I can fix the file? I will try with an older version of the file.
may I ask you to send me a minimum repo project so that I can look into this on my end?
Ideally this is a fresh Unity project that includes just the stuff I need to reproduce this issue on my end. Please do not include any unrelated files and please provide a short step-by-step instruction on how I can reproduce the issue with the files provided.
To reduce the file size of the repo project, please delete the "Library" folder before creating a *.zip out of it. You can either send it to me via the email support form or if file size is too big you can also request a link to my Dropbox via email.
Thank you very much.
I have emailed the support forum with a link to the file requested. I was able to reproduce the issue in the new file.
Thank you very much for sending me the requested files. I'm able to reproduce this issue and am working on a fix.
Fixed in UMotion V1.29 now available via the asset store. Thanks again for reporting.
Please let me know in case you have any other issues.
I have used the new version with no issues.