Once again thank you for an awesome asset. I have been working with it a lot, cutting our MoCap files directly in Unity. I have some ideas for functions that would make my workflows a lot easier and thought I'd let you know. If you think it's better without them that's totally fine, I just wanted to share my suggestions!
- Renaming clips
- Selecting timeframes (right now I can set "playback start" and "playback end" and then "Crop to selection", this would be easier if I could just select a part of the clip)
- Duplicate just a portion of a clip to a new clip. I often record a few animations in one sitting (into one file) - this would make it a lot easier to separate them out into individual clips (right now I duplicate the whole clip, set playback start/end and then "Crop to playback")
- "Crop to playback" freezes my editor for about a minute; trying to crop a 6-second clip out of a 3-minute recording
- Playback pause
- Scrolling the window with the green playback marker to the side
- Typing in a frame number to jump to. I watch clips to find out where the section is I want to edit out (e.g. "around frame 7000"), I see the frame number in the editor. It would be great to jump to a frame number instead of scrolling and clicking around to see where frame 7000 is.
- "Key all modified in all the bones that were modified", now I sometimes have to look for the red ones :-)
- Keyframe reduction, i.e. set FPS down from 100 to 30 while keeping the same clip length, just deleting/interpolating a bunch of data
As I said: these are just suggestions for quality-of-life improvements that would make my workflows a lot smoother. Thank you so much for providing us with this awesome asset!
Customer support service by UserEcho